PRODUCT INFORMATION FOR K REND ALKALI RESISTANT REINFORCEMENT MESH
K Rend alkali resistant reinforcement mesh provides high strength, good cohesion, excellent coating and is widely used to reinforce walls. K Rend alkali resistant reinforcement mesh can also be used to reinforce cement and plastic making it an ideal construction material.
- K Rend Alkali Resistant Reinforcement Mesh is made from 100% virgin polypropylene woven fabric.
- The Mesh contains no re-processed solfin materials.
- It is specifically manufactured for use as a reinforcing fabric. For use in any Portland cement, acrylic or latex based
stucco, mortar or surfacing material.
- K Rend Alkali Resistant Reinforcement Mesh is applicable as non-metallic fabric mesh in UL P-900 rod and joist
- The Mesh has been engineered and designed to reinforce the base coat.
- This Product has been designed to help bind the substrate and
base coats together.
- K Rend Alkali Resistant Reinforcement Mesh has been designed to inhibit damage due to temperature related building movement.
- The Mesh has been designed to give surfacing systems increased impact resistance.
HOW TO APPLY K REND ALKALI RESISTANT REINFORCEMENT MESH:
After applying K Rend HP12 Base coat either by machine or hawk, trowel in two layers and while the HP12 is still wet, embed the K Rend Alkali Resistant Reinforcement Mesh between the layers, into the base coat.
K Rend Alkali Resistant Reinforcement Mesh should be overlapped by a minimum of 100mm and diagonal patches (300mm x 200mm) should be installed at the corners of all openings such as windows and doors. Rule to line and level. Leave with a float finish. Allow to fully cure. It is important to ensure the background is fully dry and protected from rain prior to priming.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF K REND ALKALI RESISTANT REINFORCEMENT MESH
- Thickness – 1.14mm
- Opening Size – Measured 4.0mm x 4.3mm
- Tensile Strength – 450 x 375N/50mm
- Flame Spread Index – 10
- Weight/Square Metre – 87.9gm/sq m
- Width – 1.0m
- Length – 53.0m