About Universal Primer
EWI-310 Universal Primer is used to prepare the walls before the application of our adhesives. It improves adhesion of the adhesive to the substrate, facilitating application and reducing groundwork absorbency. The presence of quartz aggregate in the primer creates a strong textured surface onto which the adhesive layer can bind easily.
EWI-310 dries red on the wall, helping the user to see where the primer has been used.
- Increases groundwork adhesion
- Facilitates adhesive application
- Regulates groundwork absorbency
- Composition: Water-based acrylic polymer dispersions, refining agents, quartz aggregate, pigments and water
- pH: approx. 7
Application Conditions for Universal Primer
- Application temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
- Consumption: approx. 0.25 to 0.35kg/m2
- Coat drying time: 12 hours
- Colour: red & textured when dry (texture due to presence of quartz aggregate)
Applying Universal Primer
Substrate Preparation: Prior to priming, remove any loose elements and fragments of low-strength substrate. The substrate should be cleaned to make it free from all substances that may affect adhesion, i.e. dust, oil, grease, anti-adhesive agents, remaining paint, mould, algae, moss, etc. The substrate should be free of cracks and efflorescence, and uniformly dry. All contamination resulting from grease, oil, anti-adhesive agents should be cleaned by washing with water containing detergent.
Biological contamination should be eliminated , and then cleaned by mechanical action. Scratched and cracked surfaces should be repaired with levelling mortar or another mortar suitable for the substrate. Mortar applied to repaired sites should be dry and well-bonded. Surfaces that will not be primed should be protected prior to priming.
Product preparation: Mix the product vigorously before use. EWI- 310 is a ready-to-use emulsion.
Application: For best effects, do not add water and apply using a brush or roller. Weak substrates that need to be strengthened and highly absorptive substrates should re-primed after about 4 hours. Dispersion paints, surface finish products or adhesives should be applied after at least 24h after priming. Works must not be carried during rain or snow, strong winds and in direct sunlight, without special protection to limit exposure to weather conditions. Recently rendered coats must be protected against rain, frost and over-rapid drying.
Wash tools immediately with clean water.
Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture. Keep dry and in the original packaging at a temperature of +5°C to +25°C.
Safety Measures for Universal Primer
- Avoid contact with skin.
- Wear eye protection.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- After contact with skin, wash with water.
- Wear suitable protective gloves and clothing.