About Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream
Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream is the fast, clean and effective solution to rising damp. It’s a chemical that penetrates the wall at DPC level, essentially creating an artificial DPC which prevents rising damp from permeating the building. Dryzone is a water-based silicone cream that bonds with sand and cement to relieve a building of problems with rising damp.
Whenever rising damp occurs, it’s important to have the condition correctly treated, as failure to do so can cause damage and devaluation to any property, this is where Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream comes into its own.
Covering up the problem with paint and other solutions will not work and the problem will only persist until it becomes irreversible. The only way of treating rising damp is to prevent and control the dampness using Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream.
Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream has been rigorously tested by numerous European bodies and undergone extension in-house testing. Dryzone is therefore highly effective on a wide range of substrates.
Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream offers:
- Superior performance
- High performance even on older substrates e.g. Victorian buildings
- Effective treatment for cavity, rubble-infill and solid walls
Dryzone is effective on walls that are:
- Highly saturated
- Cold or warm
- Very porous
- Of high/low alkalinity
- Constructed with cement/lime mortar
What is Rising Damp?
Rising damp is a common problem in older properties where a DPC hasn’t been installed, or in properties where the DPC has failed. Rising damp is caused when water is drawn from the base of the wall upwards by capillary action. It causes problems within a structure as it can result in structural instability as well as persistent damp patches on the internal walls and floors. The only true solution to rising damp is by installing a DPC, however this is difficult to do retrospectively. This is why Dryzone Damp Proofing Cream is such a versatile and useful product as it is a chemical DPC that can be applied to a building to stop rising damp in its tracks.
Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream – The Solution to Rising Damp
The Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream has revolutionised the treatment of rising damp. The Dryzone cream is introduced by drilling a series of holes into the mortar at DPC level, and then injecting the cream into these holes using a simple applicator gun.
Advantages of Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream
- Quick to install – no waiting around for fluid to soak in under pressure
- Easy to install – less scope for operator error
- High strength formulation – does not introduce large volumes of liquid carrier into the wall
- Low-hazard – non caustic, non flammable and not injected under pressure
- No spillage and mess – no problems with the fluid flooding through party walls
- Consistent application rate – easy to estimate the amount of material that will be required
- Does not require an electric DPC pump – can be used in situations where power is not available
- Can be used on a range of substates – brick, stone and rubble construction.
Using Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream
- Drilling – Create a series of horizontal holes along the mortar course. Typically these are 12mm holes at 120mm intervals although this can depend upon the thickness of the wall.
- Preparation – Insert a Dryzone cartridge into the applicator gun, ensuring the pressure piston is fully extended. Cut into the end of the cartridge so that the cream will be able to flow freely. Screw the nozzle cap back onto the gun.
- Injection – Fully insert the nozzle into the first drilled hole, and then inject Dryzone cream while withdrawing the nozzle at a steady rate. Stop injecting just before removing the nozzle from the wall. Repeat for remaining holes.
Usage Chart for Dryzone Damp-Proofing Cream (600ml Cartridges)
|Wall Length||4.5” (115mm)||9” (230mm)||13.5” (345mm)||18” (460mm)|