About Silicone Silicate Render
The EWI Pro Silicone Silicate Render is our most popular through-coloured, polymer modified, top coat render. This coloured render is breathable, flexible, hydrophobic and self-cleaning. Our Silicone Silicate Render is often used in the final stage of EWI Pro external wall insulation systems, or as a standalone top coat render, provided the reinforcement layer is used as well. Silicone Silicate Render is available in hundreds of different colours.
Silicone Silicate Render is a decorative, thin-coat render and is available in either 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm grain sizes. It is suitable for interior or exterior surfaces, but works best when applied on top of a reinforcement layer as part of our thin-coat render or insulation systems.
The Silicone Silicate Render not only provides an aesthetically pleasing finish, but it also acts as a strong protective coating for the property, helping protect the underlying brickwork against weathering. Silicone Silicate Render is also breathable, so is perfect when used in conjunction with Mineral Wool EWI systems.
- Water repelling
- High elasticity
- High vapour permeability
- Resistant to UV rays
- Available in 4 different grain sizes
Applying Polymer Modified Render
As mentioned, the Silicone Silicate Render is a ready mix render, so it can be used straight out of the bucket and does not require mixing with water. However, we do recommend giving the render a mix prior to use to ensure an even distribution of the colour pigments. Before application, always check that the colour of the render matches your order prior to application.
Apply the render to the substrate using a trowel and then use a plastic float to generate the required texture. Remember that this is a thin coat render system, so the thickness of the render layer should match the grain size of the render chosen.
Silicone Silicate Render Application Conditions
- Prior to application of the Silicone Silicate Render, the EWI-333 Silicone Silicate Primer should be applied on top of the EWI-220 Basecoat.
- Application and setting temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C.
- Grain size distribution: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm and 3 mm.
Caution! In the case of external wall insulation systems, when rendering facades with a large area, it is recommended that colours with a brightness coefficient (dispersed reflection) of at least 25% should be used. These coefficients are shown in the colour pallet of EWI Pro Insulation Systems renders and paints.
Coverage rates of Silicone Silicate Render
- 1.0mm – 1.9kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm – 2.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm – 3.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 7 – 8 m2
- 3.0mm – 5.0kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 5 – 6 m2
- Composition: potassium water glass, silicon emulsions, fillers, modifying admixtures, pigments
- Bulk density: approx. 1.84 g/cm3
- Relative diffusion resistance (non-trowelled 3 mm thick layer): ≤ 0.13 m
- Water absorption after 10 hours: ≤ 360 g/m²
- Colours: a range of thirty-five standard colour tints are available through the website, with hundreds more available in our stores. The standard colour of the render is white. Colours are tinted on instruction from the order reference.
Do not dispose of Silicone Silicate Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Silicone Silicate Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures of Silicone Silicate Render
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Comes ready-to-use in a 25kg plastic tub.
Storage Conditions for Silicone Silicate Render
Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.