About Mineral Render
This EWI-060 Mineral Render is sold in the 1.5mm grain size, but is also available in three other grain sizes. The other grain sizes are subject to a minimum order quantity of 40 bags and an average delivery time of 5-10 working days.
Mineral render is designed to be either applied by hand or mechanically as part of a thermal insulation system or on a thin-coat render only system. The mineral render needs to be sealed with an approved silicone external masonry paint to ensure the product performance is consistent. Warning: without silicone paint application, the topcoat will not be sealed and will increase the risk of lime bloom.
The mineral render is suitable for both the EPS and Mineral Wool thermal insulation systems offered by EWI Pro. It is a fabulous finish when installed with the mineral wool system, as it would provide a completely breathable system. Mineral Render is:
- Waterproof (once sealed with Silicone Paint)
- Frost-proof (once sealed with Silicone Paint)
- High grip
- Available in four grain sizes, but sold as 1.5mm
Materials Base for Mineral Render
- Portland cement
- Texturing aggregate
- Mineral fillers
- Hydrated lime
Applying Mineral Render
Because mineral render comes as a dry mix, it needs combining with water before application. You can do this using a mechanical mixture or manually with a paddle mix. The render is then applied to the substrate using a Notched trowel. Usually, you’d apply your render to the same thickness as the grain size – so if you went for a 3mm grain size you’d apply the render at a thickness of 3mm.
Once you’ve applied the mineral render it should take roughly 12 hours to dry (depending upon the conditions). After that, you will need to use the EWI-005 Silicone paint to seal it. You can apply our silicone paint with a spray machine, a roller or simply by using a paint brush.
Application Conditions for Mineral Render
- Render primer: EWI-330 Mineral/ Acrylic Primer
- Application and setting temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
- Grain size distribution: 1.5mm
- Colours: a range of 380 colours when painted with a coloured silicone paint. Out of the bag the product standard colour is ‘off-white’.
Coverage Rates of Mineral Render
Coverage is as follows:
- 1.0mm (minimum order / waiting time) – 1.9kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm (in stock, available next day) – 2.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm (minimum order / waiting time) – 3.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 7 – 8 m2
- 3.0mm (minimum order / waiting time) – 5.0kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 5 – 6 m2
Do not dispose of Mineral Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Mineral Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Mineral Render Packaging
Comes in powder form in a 25kg paper bag.
Storage Conditions for Mineral Render
Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid ingress of water. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.