EWI-075 Silicone Render is the premium render in the EWI Pro catalogue, offering unsurpassed performance. It is breathable, and therefore ideal for Mineral Wool and Wood Fibre external wall insulation systems. Silicone Render is also flexible, and is therefore robust and long-lasting. It is also available in hundreds of different colours, so everyone can be catered for.
- Resistant to algae and plant growth
EWI-075 Silicone Render is a polymer modified, ready-to-use render suitable for use on brick, concrete, traditional plasters, gypsum substrates and chipboard. The render is a mixture of silicone and acrylic resins, with mineral fillers and pigments.
This product does not contain ammonia or organic solvents.
It is suitable for interior and exterior surfaces.
Applying Polymer Modified Render
Silicone Render comes as a ready-to-use mix so you don’t need to add anything to it before use. It is advisable that you stir the mixture first to ensure that all the colour pigments are evenly distributed throughout.
To create an even, textured finish you will then need to rub up the surface of the of the render using circular motions with a plastic render float.
You will need to ensure that you have enough people on site to be able to apply the render to an entire wall at once. If you attempt to apply the render section by section, then you will find that when it dries there will be a scarring effect where the different render sections meet.
Application Conditions for Silicone Render
Substrate primers: EWI-333 SiSi Render Primer
Application and setting temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
Grain size distribution: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm and 3 mm
Caution: In case of wall thermal insulation systems, when plastering facades with a large area, it is recommended that colours with brightness coefficient (dispersed reflection) of at least 25% should be used. These coefficients are shown in the colour palette of EWIPro plasters and paints.
Coverage Rates of Silicone Render
EWI-075 Silicone Render is available in four grain sizes. Coverage is as follows:
- 1.0mm – 1.9kg/m2. One bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm – 2.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm – 3.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 6-8m2
- 3.0mm – 5.0kg/m2. One bucket should cover 5-6m2
- Composition: based on water dispersion of silicone and acrylic resins with mineral fillers and pigments.
- Bulk density: approx. 1.84 g/cm3
- Relative diffusion resistance (non-trowelled 3 mm thick layer): ≤ 0.13 m
- Water absorption after 10 hours: ≤ 360 g/m²
Do not dispose of Silicone Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Silicone Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures for Silicone Render
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Comes ready-to-use in a 25kg plastic tub.
Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.