About Monocouche Scratch Render
Our EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render is a versatile, decorative render that can be applied by hand or by spray machine. Unlike our ready-mixed renders, the Monocouche Render comes as a dry mix, so it requires mixing with water (5.5 litres) prior to application.
The EWI Pro Monocouche Render should have a minimum life expectancy of 10 years when applied correctly. Not only does it enhance the look of the property, it also provides a long lasting and weatherproof barrier. Once installed, the EWI Pro Monocouche Scratch Render is virtually maintenance free.
This render is available in 18 fantastic colours and the product is suitable for both new-build and refurbishment projects.
Applying Monocouche Scratch Render
Traditionally, the Monocouche Render is applied in two passes. The first pass should be 9-10mm, and Fibreglass Mesh is embedded within this first layer of the render to provide additional strength, flexibility and crack resistance.
To ensure you get the full benefits of the polymer modified properties of the render, it’s important to ensure that the first layer of render is not completely dry before applying the second layer of render. This is so that chemical bonds can form between the first and second pass, giving a stable installation. The second pass should be applied to an 8mm thickness, taking the total thickness of both render passes to approximately 18mm.
Once the Monocouche Scratch Render has gone off, a Render Scratch Float is used to create the desired texture. The process involves using the Render Scratch Float to scratch back the surface of the render by 2mm, giving a final thickness of 16mm. The texture achieved is chalky with a rough, stippled finish.
- If the original substrate does not have a suitable mechanical key to render onto, an artificial key must first be created.
- Monocouche Scratch Render Should not be applied in rain or humid conditions, or if wet weather is expected before the render has set.
- Monocouche Render should not be applied in cold weather, if the materials or the substrate are frozen, or if there is any risk of frost damage within the first 24 hours.
- Monocouche Render should not be applied in temperatures above 30°C.
- The render will reach optimal strength after 28 days.
- For professional use only.
1 x 25kg bag of the Monocouche Scratch Render will cover approximately 1m2 (when taking the render coat to a total thickness of 18mm before scratching back).
Do not dispose of Monocouche Scratch Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Monocouche Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Monocouche Scratch Render Packaging
Comes in powder form in a 25kg paper bag.
Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid ingress of water. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.