About EWI-210 EPS Adhesive
Our EWI-210 EPS Adhesive is designed to attach the expanded polystyrene (EPS) boards to the underlying substrate. The EPS Adhesive is highly versatile, as it can be applied on various types of mineral groundworks including: concrete, cement-lime, ceramic, silicate, autoclaved aerated concrete, and more.
Applying EWI-210 EPS Adhesive
The EPS Adhesive comes in powder form in 25kg bags. It is therefore a dry mix and needs to be combined with clean, cold water (6.3 litres) prior to use. We suggest using a large bucket and adding the water prior to the EPS Adhesive. Once the EPS Adhesive has been added to the water, mix the product using a paddle mix until an even-consistency mortar is produced.
Before application and after the initial mixing of the EPS Adhesive, leave the bucket for 5-10 minutes and then remix using a paddle mix.
The EWI-210 EPS Adhesive can be applied in two ways: either to the whole surface of the EPS board using a notched trowel, or around the perimeter of the insulation board with 3 dabs across the middle.
Normally the notched trowel method is used when you are mounting the insulation boards onto new block-work or a very flat surface. Applying the EPS adhesive to the perimeter of the board is recommended when the wall is not flat, as the adhesive can absorb some of the irregularities.
Application Conditions for EWI-210 EPS Adhesive
- Substrate primer: EWI- 301 or EWI-310 if a key is required.
- Application temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
- Water mix proportions: approx. 6.3 l of water per 25 kg of dry mix
- Time of usability after mixing with water: approx. 2 hours (temp. +20°C)
Quantity to be used: approx. 4-5 kg/m2
- Composition: Portland cement, mineral fillers, quartz aggregate and refining agents.
- Bulk density (dry mixture): about 1.45 g/cm3
- Adhesion to concrete (air-dry): ³ 0.3 MPa
- Adhesion to polystyrene: ³ 0.08 MPa (rupture in thermal insulation material)
Coverage Rates of EPS Adhesive
4.5m2 per 25kg bag.
Do not dispose of EWI-210 EPS Adhesive along with household rubbish. Ensure that EWI-210 EPS Adhesive packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures for EPS Adhesive
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Comes in powder form in a 25kg paper bag.
Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid ingress of water.