About EWI-235 Dash Receiver
The EWI Dash Receiver is a polymer modified, dry mix through coloured render. This product is manufactured in the UK and is intended for use as a dry dash receiver on render only systems and as part of external wall insulation systems.
To produce the ready-to-use product, simply add clean water and mix with a mechanical mixer to create the correct consistency.
Our EWI Dash Receiver comes in 25kg bags and is suitable for spray application and one-coat application to brick or blockwork. It is suitable for a variety of aggregates and comes in different colours, including white, cream, champagne and magnolia.
The EWI Dash Receiver is intended for use onto a base coat, base adhesive, or existing roughcast. It is unsuitable for painted surfaces or non-polymer modified base coats. Product can also be used as a finish on new-build masonry wall structures.
Directions for use:
Ensure that the surface is clean and free of cracks, debris and dust. Uneven surfaces must be levelled out. At this point, we recommend using the EWI-260 Levelling mortar if cracks are wider than 5mm. When the walls have been adequately prepared, the dash receiver can be installed directly onto the wall or onto an embedded layer or basecoat. We recommend installing the EWI-225 Premium Adhesive for your basecoat layer. If the original substrate does not have a good mechanical key for rendering onto, an artificial key must be created prior to application. The EWI-310 Universal Primer is a suitable product to use for this purpose.
A 25kg bag of EWI Dash Receiver should be mixed with approximately 5.5 litres of clean potable water – no other materials should be added. You should then mix the Dash Receiver with either a mechanical mixer or manually with a paddle mixer for around 5 minutes until you have achieved the correct consistency. Allow an additional 5 minutes of set time for the binders and additives to be dispersed. Do not over mix or over trowel, as this will reduce the adhesion properties of the material and therefore will reduce its effectiveness.
The product should be applied to an even, clean substrate using a spray machine or a trowel at a thickness of 8-10mm. The EWI Dash Receiver is great for creating a pebbledash effect.
The 25kg bag when mixed correctly should cover approximately 2m2 of wall area. Depending upon the environment and the humidity, the Dash Receiver should take up to 28 days or more to reach optimal strength and should have a minimum 10-year life expectancy when applied correctly.
It is recommended that the dash receiver is not applied in rain or humid conditions, or if there is a chance of rain or frost during the application and drying time. Do not carry out the rendering process if in cold weather the materials or the substrate are frozen or if the temperature is 5 degrees or below.
Application Conditions for Dash Receiver
- If the original substrate does not have a suitable mechanical key to render onto, an artificial key must first be created.
- Not suitable for painted surfaces or non polymer-modified base coats.
- Should not be applied in rain or humid conditions, or if wet weather is expected before the render has set.
- Should not be applied in cold weather if any of the materials – or the substrate- are frozen, or if there is any risk of frost damage within the first 24 hours.
- Setting time is dependent on environment and humidity. Will reach optimal strength after 28 days.
- For professional use only.
1 x 25kg bag – 2m2.
- Factory-batched polymer modified dry-mix, through-coloured render.
- Comes in 25kg bags.
- Requires only the addition of clean potable water.
- See bag for full guidelines for use and health and safety advice.
- Expected minimum life expectancy of 10 years, when applied correctly.
Do not dispose of Dash Receiver along with household rubbish. Ensure that Dash Receiver packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures for EWI-235 Dash Receiver
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Comes in powder form in a 25kg paper bag.
Storage Conditions for EWI-235 Dash Receiver
Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid ingress of water. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.