About Expanding Foam
This polyurethane (PU) expanding foam is designed for mounting and sealing applications, including filling gaps around windows and doors. It has great thermal insulating properties as well as excellent sound absorption characteristics. It adheres well to many typical construction materials including brick, concrete, wood, glass, metals, polystyrene and plaster. The PU expanding foam will not adhere to polyethylene, polypropylene or teflon.
The PU expanding foam comes in 750ml cans and this particular product needs to be used in conjunction with a foam gun.
Intended Uses of Expanding Foam
- Doorframes and windows mounting;
- Heat insulation of water systems, sewage systems and central heating systems;
- Fixing and insulating of wall panels, division walls, driver’s cabs and boats;
- Connecting of wooden prefabricated elements in frame constructions;
- Heat insulation of roofs and floors;
- Filling of gaps in the building heat insulation.
Applying Expanding Foam
- The base should be cleaned and degreased;
- Mounting of doors or windows cannot be performed without mechanical connection application;
- It is recommended to warm up the container until it is at room temperature (e.g. using warm water)
- Caution!: Do not boil the water;
- Shake well before use (for approx. 30 sec) to ensure all ingredients are properly combined;
- Screw the gun onto the container;
- Splash working surfaces with water;
- The container working position is bottom up;
- Fill the gaps out with the foam up to its depth of 30 – 70% depending on the temperature;
- Control the spray volume by adjusting the force applied to the gun release;
- If your work is interrupted for longer than 15 minutes, the gun nozzle should be cleaned out with the use of polyurethane foam cleaner before continued use.
Safety Measures for Expanding Foam
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Do not inhale Expanding Foam
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- In case of contact with the eyes, rinse immediately and seek medical attention.
- Do not apply Expanding Foam near to a naked flame.
- Pressurised Container: Do not squeeze or pierce the container.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Packaging of Expanding Foam
Product is packed into aerosol containers of: 750ml capacity.
Storage of Expanding Foam
Shelf life: up to 12 months from manufacture. Store in cool, dry place in original
containers. Storage temperature: +100 C to +300 C.