PRODUCT INFORMATION FOR K REND PRIMER TC (SILICONE THIN COAT)
- K Rend Primer TC (Thin Coat) is designed to be used to prepare masonry substrates prior to the application of a K Rend thin coat topcoat.
- Primer TC is a low odour, ready to use primer which is quick and easy to apply by brush, roller or spray.
- The product is available in a wide range of colours which are coordinated to the colour of the Silicone TC topcoat.
- K Rend Primer TC should be used after the application of K Rend Base Coat (Scratch Coat) and before Silicone TC.
- It is composed of a water-dilutable Acrylic resin.
- The K Rend Thin Coat range is particularly suitable where lightweight render systems are required, such as an external wall insulation systems.
- Primer TC provides a fine texture finish to ensure improved adhesion.
HOW TO PREPARE K REND PRIMER TC (THIN COAT)
- A test panel to check colour and final appearance is recommended.
- Backgrounds should be clean, level and dry and free from efflorescence.
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass , brick and flooring.
- Protect weather exposed surfaces
HOW TO APPLY K REND PRIMER TC (THIN COAT)
- You can apply K Rend Primer TC (Thin Coat) using a brush, roller or spray and allow 24 hours before applying a topcoat.
- The temperature of the substrate and surrounding air should be a minimum of 5˚C.
- Do not apply in conditions of strong sunshine or wind; do not apply onto damp or frozen substrates.
- Allow freshly applied render base coats a minimum of 14 days before work commences.
- Complete continuous surfaces without interruption, working to a wet edge at all times.
- Drying times may be prolonged by lower temperatures or high humidity.
- The freshly primed surfaces must be protected from rain and from drying too fast.
- Clean tools and equipment with water immediately after use. If product has been left on to harden it can only be removed mechanically.
COVERAGE RATES OF K REND PRIMER TC (THIN COAT)
- K Rend Primer TC (Thin Coat) – 0.25 kg / sq m approx.
- 60 sqm Per 15kg Tub.
HOW TO STORE K REND PRIMER TC (THIN COAT)
- Keep in a safe place.
- Keep in original packaging.
- Keep in a cool, well ventilated area.
- Protect from frost.